Monday, February 2, 2009

Ice Cream Addict!

Today we ran some errands while the big girls were at preschool, and we were at the bank next to Chick-fil-A for our last errand. Well, Ali Kate so seriously chimed in from the backseat, "Get me some icecream for myself, Mama." She knew that Mommy would indulge this treat since her sisters weren't around (we're sometimes a little bad with our diet when it's just the two of us). We went there, but the line was wrapped around the entire building. So I said, "Let's go home and eat ice cream." I knew we had a small amount left in a small container we'd bought a while back.

When we got home, she ran to her highchair and said, "Get my ice cream for myself, Mama." She was ready. I told her to grab a spoon, and she quickly obeyed. Lightning speed there. Anyway, she kind of cheated and had ice cream for lunch. No, I'm not a bad mom. This was totally a very special splurge. Not our normal midday fare! She was tickled that I'd indulged her cravings like this. Now we will not repeat this tomorrow for sure. And let me note that I did NOT eat ice cream...I've lost 8 pounds, and I'm working on those next two!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

A little icecream never hurt anyone, right?! Congrats on the 8 pounds!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Wendy! Welcome to MBC! Your blog is beautiful!!!

Morgan said...

Oh, girl ice cream is my downfall..like every night once the kids are in bed, I head for the mint choc chip. Good for you on the will power!!!