Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Toddlers...Gotta Love Them

Yesterday we had leftovers for lunch....hashbrown casserole which my girls generally love. Well, Abby was clamoring as usual for chicken nuggets, and I told her that we were having leftovers instead. She looked at me oh so seriously and said, "Mom, I'm not a leftover eating kid." I couldn't hold back the laughter. I told her that she'd have to be a leftover eating kid at least for that meal.

Today I was taking a shower, and the girls were all in their rooms for independent playtime. They are to play in their own rooms for a little down time. Well, I got out of the shower and heard, "Moo moo." I peeked around the corner and saw Abby creeping out of her room and "mooing" toward Isabella's room. Isabella is terribly afraid of the "moo" sound. We don't know why or how this started, but we're learning to cope! Anyway, I have no idea how long Abby had been "mooing" at her sister. Needless to say, we had to have a talk about not "mooing" during independent playtime.

A couple of weeks ago we were all playing in the living room when Isabella disappeared. After about two minutes of not hearing her, I went to investigate. She had climbed onto the changing table and was laying there waiting for a new diaper. She told me she needed her diaper changed...and it was a stinky one. I could not believe this child had climbed up there and was beginning to try to change her own diaper. (Let me note that I had just given her a new diaper about 45 minutes earlier.) Potty training is around the corner. I've been avoiding it because she's not ready....but her interest is beginning to really peak!

No comments: