Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

I only have a few minutes left in me...but I am stopping to jot down just a bit. We've been in our new house for six days now, and we've had our new baby boy for seven weeks now. Life has literally flown by in the Stine household since Grant's big arrival on May 16th! I will definitely journal about his grand appearance one day when I can really record all the details of that special day. Grant Dawson Stine arrived at 1:01 p.m. on May 16, 2008 weighing in at 9 lb. 4 oz. and measuring 21 inches long. Yes, a big boy indeed. He came into the world trying out his lungs, and they definitely worked! He still tries them out pretty frequently, especially during the night! I will definitely post more about his birth in the coming weeks. For now, let it suffice to say that I absolutely love my baby boy with all of my heart. He has won over my heart, and he did it instantly. I love to cuddle with him in my arms, and I could just eat him up! He's too adorable for words! He's really alert these days, and he just stares into your eyes with those huge blue baby eyes. His long, tiny fingers wrap around mine in the sweetest way you can imagine. He prefers his tummy to lying on his back which makes me a nervous wreck considering my children have always slept on their backs. We flip him once he gets good and asleep. Speaking of sleep, that's what I need to be doing right now. I took a few minutes to scour the internet looking for bedding and nursery ideas....and I thought I'd write a bit.

Good night!

No comments: